People conduct online searches for all types of things everyday and many do some of their shopping online. However, there’s a large percentage of people, who do searches for local businesses everyday, just the same… They conduct these local searches by utilizing relevant keywords and key phrases that contain specific location names to locate businesses that are close to their residence. As a matter of fact, Google found that 76 percent of searches done on smartphones are on local searches, which turn into store visits.
If your goal is to get people to come and visit your business establishment – you will need to attract and increase local searchers. You can take the lead among competitors and make it possible for people to be able to find your business when they conduct local, applicable online searches. With that being said – what this means for you is that you need to optimize the visibility of your business website in local search result pages.
This is where Local (SEO) Search Engine Optimization Takes a Leading Role
Here’s a brief and simple explanation of what Local SEO is for those of you who are not familiar with the term or are just getting started.
Local SEO is very much like organic, search engine optimization (SEO). The difference is that Local SEO will only be focusing in the improvement of a website’s ranking in local search results. In comparison to common SEO – Local Search Engine Optimization can be a bit more challenging… However, if you want to advertise your business to customers on a local scale, it is of utter importance that you improve your Local SEO, as you want for local customers to find your products and/or services quickly and this will also, improve you local search ranking.
1. Improve Local Search Ranking with Content Marketing. Don’t despair… Although, Local SEO is a little more complex there are many ways that you can easily improve your local search ranking. One of the ways is with Content Marketing. Perhaps, all you will have to do is implement a few changes to your current Content Marketing methods. For instance, you can utilize any of the following Content Marketing strategies to optimize your Local SEO search results:
- Publish Content on Local Websites and/or Submit Guest Blog Posts.
More than likely, you probably already adhere to a Content Marketing strategy, which includes a blog in your website. Blogging is a perfect way to enhance your website and for your visitors to be able to engage, while getting information that’s valuable to them.
For traditional and Local SEO – it is necessary to diversify and begin publishing content on other sites. Guest posts will allow you the opportunity to display your expertise, while also, earning you worthy backlinks.
The Local SEO Guide has done meticulous research, which found that link buttons and/or signals perform an essential role in local search rankings.
Without a doubt, Guest Blogging is one of the best Content Marketing strategies to build local links and market on your content. Moreover, Guest Blogging will also, help you increase traffic to your website, which can convert to customers.
The part that becomes somewhat of a challenge is looking for local websites that will allow guest blog posts. To do this, you will need to utilize a couple of keyword combinations such as:
- Guest Posts
- Write For Us
- Submit a Guest Post
- and other key phrases of this fashion…
In addition, it is highly recommended that you develop a list with potential sites that you can post on for your targeted location and audience. Visit these websites and make sure you go over their Guest Post Guidelines and also, the kind of topics that they publish. You’ll then be able to decide which websites pander to your targeted audience and/or location.
2. Search for Relevant, Applicable Local Keywords and Keyword Phrases. By now you already know just how important keywords and keyword phrases are for SEO. Keywords and keyword phrases are utterly essential for Local SEO just as it is for traditional SEO. These keywords should be utilized to cultivate and maximize content.
It doesn’t matter if you are publishing a blog post for your website, revamping and/or rewriting your website content or submitting a Guest Post – utilizing the right set of keywords and keyword phrases will help you lure in local searchers.
You should always use keywords that are relevant to your business and/or industry, as these are the best. These keywords have a high search percentage in your targeted area. Include your location keywords along with precise, business keywords. Use this combination to boost your content for Local SEO.
To find the best keywords available – you can utilize tools, such as: Google Keyword Planner. However, before you begin to use Google Keyword Planner, you will need to set up an AdWords account.
When using the Keyword Planner Page – choose “Search for New Keywords Using a Phrase, Website or Category.” Using this tool will be extremely effective when working on Local SEO campaigns.
3. Create Local Targeting Content. With your new list of keywords and keyword phrases, you should be able to start writing local, targeting content, which you can use on your website to optimize it for better local search rankings. However, using these keywords just on your website content won’t suffice. You need to take these new, valuable keywords and keyword phrases to the next level and use them to create local content blog posts on your website.
For instance, you can compile “Top Ten” or “Best Of” list, which are relevant to your business and/or industry on a local scale. Furthermore, you can write informative, “how to” blog posts or guides in regards to your business in its targeted location. When you take these steps – you’ll drive and attract more of a local audience to your website.
4. Use Social Media Networks to Cross Promote. Per Statista – Social Media users will grow from 2.34 billion in 2017 to 2.51 billion in 2018 worldwide! Keeping these numbers in mind – it is safe to assume that the majority of your targeted audience is already on a Social Media platform if not several…
If you haven’t begin to promote your blog posts on Social Media Networks, such as – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn – then it’s definitely time that you start doing so… Social Media platforms are an awesome way to connect and engage with followers and to drive traffic onto your website!
To increase your level of engagement with your local audience and be able to boost followers, we highly advise you to join local groups on different Social Media platforms, which are relevant to your business/industry. In addition, you can also, reach out to local FB pages that might be able to help you promote your content.
There are many Facebook groups that are public and all you have to do is join their page. On closed groups on FB – you can simply ask if you can join and more than likely – you’ll be added by a member. Once a member – reach out to the page owner and ask if you can share your content. Remember, as long as your local content is relevant – chances are that they will say yes, as these folk also, need content to keep their Social Media community fresh and current with information.
5. Engage & Write About Local Activities. We already covered the important role that backlinks have from local websites, which will help increase your local search rank. However, another strategy that will earn valuable backlinks is to involve yourself in your community and/or targeted location. You can easily accomplish this by partaking in charity drives, local events and the likes… You might even be able to gain a back link from an official website from one of these events.
However, if participating in these types of activities is not your thing – it is quite okay, as you can also, earn backlinks by sponsoring the following:
- Sports Teams
- Local Events
You see, by participating or sponsoring on any of these activities mentioned above, you may become newsworthy by local publications and this would simply be more than great! This would mean that you can gain even more backlinks from local news websites.
Getting involved in local community activities will boost your local link profile and it will also, help you develop your brand’s reputation and authority!
In short, participating in local events is an ingenious way to gain backlinks, but also, to enhance your local business reputation.
Create blog posts in regards to your involvement in these events and what your experience was like… Include lots of images and/or short videos on your blog posts, which will further optimize engagement.
Local SEO Summary:
Now that you are on the right path to creating great local content, as you have now attained the most effective strategies that will leverage your Content Marketing for your Local SEO campaign – it is all in your hands. It is up to you to utilize these strategies for best results and success on your Local SEO endeavour.
The primary goal is to develop back links from reputable and authoritative local websites. Local links will drive traffic to your website and it will also, improve your website’s authority and also, create excellent brand reputation and respect.
Furthermore, do not forget to enhance your website with high quality local content, which will lure and engage your local, targeted audience. Be sure that you optimize all content on all the pages on your website, including blog posts utilizing location, specific keywords and keyword phrases.
If you put all these Local SEO strategies and tips to use, there is no doubt that your Local SEO campaign will be a complete success. Implement these tips and boost your local search ranking!