Do you know you are losing thousands of dollars in sales due to lack of Local SEO?
According to Google, 95% of all Mobile queries has a local intent and half of this searchers either call or visit the store after the search. In 2013, Fresh Egg found out that 4 out of 5 people use smartphones to look up local information.
Do you see what you’re losing for not going Local in your SEO campaign?
Local SEO is a process that focuses on providing searchers with relevant results based on their location. This means searching a phrase like “best dentist in… ” returns local businesses optimized for that location.
Today, as the number of mobile users keep growing, Local SEO keeps growing in importance.
Don’t be left out!
Tap into this goldmine by optimizing your contents for your local audience.
How? you may ask.
In this post, you will learn step by step approach to keeping your optimization techniques simple but effective.
OPTIMIZING YOUR BUSINESS FOR LOCAL SEO
The first step is understanding what’s important,
– On-Site Optimization
– Profile Pages
– Reviews, Citation and ratings
– Link Building
MUST HAVE ON-SITE OPTIMIZATION ELEMENTS
– Consistent Contact details on each page, which includes Business name, Physical Address, Phone numbers etc.
– Integrate Local Keywords in the right places (meta tags, H2, Title, and in Images Alt tags)
– Create quality local content. Your content should target audience in your location.
– Optimize your Images. Ensure your local keywords appear in your Image file and Alt tags.
– Use Social Media to amplify your content. Share your content with your local audience on social media, engage in relevant discussions and connect with others in your industry.
IS YOUR PLACE PAGE SIGNAL STRONG
Claim your Google My Business page for your business. What you’re actually doing is telling Google that;
– You own the Business
– This is What I do
– This is where I can be found
Ensure that your data are complete and accurate. Using this data, Google will show your business whenever someone searches for your service/product + “your location”.
Here’s how to claim your Google My Business:
– Log into your Google Account.
– Visit: https://google.com.ng/business
– Click the green button with START NOW
– Search for your business to see if it is listed already.
If you can’t find results that match your business
– Click ADD MY BUSINESS
– Fill in your details.
– Verify that you are you.
Create and update your Google+, Yahoo and Bing listings: Ensure that your Business name, address and Phone Numbers formats are consistent and the same across all platforms.
REVIEWS, CITATIONS AND RATINGS
It has been shown that Businesses with higher ratings show more on local result searches. This is not a fluke as the act as strong approval signal to search engines.
The question is how do you get positive reviews, diverse citations and higher ratings?
Follow this steps to create raving fans for your business:
– Provide value to your audience.
– Request Reviews and ratings from your happy audience.
– Research and replicate same citations as your competitions
Implement these tips and watch as your local ranking improves.
HOW LOCAL IS YOUR LINK JUICE
Just as back-links are important to conventional SEO,Local links is also important to Local SEO.
To build GEO-targeted SEO back-link, Make the Anchor Text Location specific.
There you have it. What Local SEO is and why you should optimize your business for local search. Are you doing local SEO and have some tricks I didn’t mention? Are there some tips I didn’t mention?