For those who have managed their own pay per click (PPC) campaign, you know what it takes to get a group of keywords online and begin advertising on a major search engine like Google or Yahoo. In 15-20 minutes, you can see your advertisements and know that people are going to be coming to your site.
People contact me all the time asking why they should PAY someone to manage their PPC account if they can do it themselves. The best line is, “Aren’t you just copying some keywords?” Usually, the same people are calling because they are interested in generating more leads and their PPC account is killing their marketing budget.
Here are just a few of the benefits of having a professional manage your PPC campaign:
• Daily Monitoring – Unless you are in the business, you probably don’t enjoy logging into your campaign. When you do, are you changing the bid on every keyword? Are you adding or removing more keywords? Are you comparing what advertisement is performing the best and removing the ones that aren’t?
• Competition Research – A good professional will not only monitor your ads, but the ads of your competitor’s as well. When a new competitor comes into the market or an old one drops out, your account manager can take advantage of either situation to make sure you aren’t spending too much money and to ensure that your ads are still in a strong position.
• Reporting – Do you create and analyze a daily, weekly, and monthly campaign report for yourself? Your account manager probably does.
• Tools – The AdWords API, Keyword research tools, and automated bidding tools are just some of the programs your manager is probably using on a daily basis. It’s not practical or cost effective for you to have all these tools for your one account. It would be like converting your home garage into an auto mechanic shop. Cool, but definitely unnecessary.
• Liaison – Your account manager most likely has a direct line to representatives at all the major search networks. Should your account need technical support, the account manager will simply pick up their bat phone and call. You on the other hand would have to submit a web contact form or get in line with everyone else who’s on hold.
• Piece of Mind – Knowing that you are paying a professional to manage your account let’s you sleep easy at night. Just because the UPS man may be a bit cheaper and have some extra time doesn’t mean that I’d ask him to replace my roof.
If you are interested in having a certified AdWords professional or Yahoo ambassador look at your PPC account, contact us and we can share some ideas… … that is unless you just want to copy some keywords. Visit [http://www.zetamarketing.net] or call (866) 639-8160.